If you had told me we’d be 5-0 after the Georgia game, I probably would’ve ran screaming about a loose crazy man bothering me with wild allegations about Alabama football. But here we are as the #2/#4 team in the nation. Can you say signature win? I think Saban just wrote his name on Athens. The players worked hard, and deserve to enjoy this victory while they can.
Celebrate until the Kentucky film arrives
So here are a few thoughts/observations about Saturday’s game:
- We’ve all been extremely critical of John Parker Wilson over the years, but give the man the game ball for his performance. He went 13 of 16 for 205 yards and 1 TD, managing the game better than anybody could’ve predicted. The yardage and TD pass don’t shock me, but it usually came from a 15 of 35 performance with very little ground support.
- Hats off to Georgia and their fans for not giving up. 99% of the stadiums in America would’ve been half empty after a 31-0 deficit at the half, but the Blackout crowd stuck around and played a factor.
- I don’t mean to take away from a good performance from A.J. Green, but can the critics of Julio stop claiming how much better Green is compared to Jones? Julio had more yardage with a TD and 0 turnovers. Green made a rookie mistake, and Jones played a very good game. Green is still an amazing player, but let’s relax on the glorification of the guy.
- Matthew Stafford is probably the best overall QB in the SEC right now. He had some rough times, but he carried that team down the field without the help of Moreno to score 23 second half points on offense. I’m not the first to say this, but he really does remind me of John Elway.
- The Defensive Line was great again, although Georgia’s Freshman Center certainly held his own. It was nice to keep Moreno a non-factor for a majority of the night.
I could say more, but there is so much to get ready for this week. The Kentucky Wildcats come to town, and they are far from pushovers. They ride into Tuscaloosa 4-0, having scored just as many points on Western Kentucky as Alabama did. Respect Rich Brooks, respect their Defense, and respect their fans.