Well, Lee Corso has picked us, which usually leads to bad things. This only adds to yet another list of reasons as to why I think we’ll lose… much like last year.
only pic I could find
I know some are feeling fairly confident, and I certainly don’t blame them. We have nothing to lose this week because we have all chalked this up as a lose before the season started. But, I still prefer coming in as an underdog if we are going to have a shot.
Reasons for my gut to say Alabama wins
- We’ve got a very experienced Offensive Line. Hopefully, they’ll perform as they have throughout the season.
- Mark Ingram has the ability to carry a pile of players for extra yardage.
- Bama’s D-line is very good in the middle.
- Javier Arenas is as deadly on Interceptions as he is on Punt Returns.
- Saban’s ability to keep the team focused has worked thus far, let’s hope it continues.
Reasons for my gut to say Alabama losses
- Matt Stafford > Casey Dick
- Our pass defense was not impressive at all last week. Georgia has more skill position players than Arkansas.
- I think our Receivers will be great in time, but we’ve only gotten performances out of Julio and Walker the TE.
- Moreno is the real deal, and could be a threat on the outside.
- John Parker typically does not perform well on the road.
All things considered, I’m giving the edge to Georgia. Then again, I wouldn’t be surprised by any result in this game, so this could be yet another memorable experience. After all, Ole Miss is giving Florida a game, and Oregon State did beat USC. Shall another Top 5 go down? I hope so, but I think Georgia wins by about a Touchdown. 24-17.