It’s the battle of the Tide and the Wave! Which water based team can pull through?
Alabama comes into the weekend 1-0, ranked 13th and 17th respectively. Most thought we wouldn’t be in this position, but that is now irrelevant as we have 11 more games to finish for this season. Plus, we need to be excited for our home opener.
In comes Tulane, a school displaced because of Hurricane Gustav. Certainly a tough situation for this New Orleans school. Yet even though I agree we should cheer for them and avoid anything close to a Rammer Jammer, I hope to see our team run all over them in order to get past a very low point in 2007.
Reasons for my gut to say Alabama wins
- We might just be on a bit of a hot streak.
- Much more talent for the Crimson Tide.
- Nick Saban is the better coach compared to Bob Toledo.
- Tulane is missing both of their top offensive threats last season, leaving Tulane fairly young.
Reasons for my gut to say Alabama losses
- I’ll never say never again in this type of post after that ULM debacle.
- Toledo is 2-0 against Bama from his UCLA days, so he has experience beating the Crimson Tide.
- We’ve had habits of just going through the motions, and letting smaller teams play well. That should not happen, and there is no excuse for letting it happen this season.
This is Alabama’s first step to moving past that horrible performance from the end 2007. We need to stay careful, and need to realize we still have to prove ourselves. I think Alabama can do it by about 20+ points…. if we come out ready to go. Alabama wins it 34-12.