I feel like a bad blogger since I’ve done nothing today, so here are some things to know about A-day from The Rap Sheet (AL.com):
GOLDEN FLAKE A-DAY GAME INFORMATION
There is no charge for admission to the Golden Flake A-Day Football Game at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Fans should plan to arrive early as a large crowd is expected. Gates will open at Noon.
STADIUM ACCESS & SEATING
Entry gates to Bryant-Denny Stadium will open at 12 p.m. Fans may enter the stadium through any of 38 gates that will be open on Saturday. The entire lower bowl and upper stands will be opened for seating.
ITEMS ALLOWED IN THE STADIUM
Fans are not allowed to bring in coolers or large objects into Bryant-Denny Stadium. No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the stadium. Personnel will be present at each entry point to insure that fans comply with these regulations.
Concession stands will be open throughout Bryant-Denny Stadium.
12 p.m. Gates open at Bryant-Denny Stadium
12:15 p.m. Walk of Fame: ’07 Captains (Antoine Caldwell, Darren Mustin and Rashad Johnson) at Denny Chimes
2:05 p.m. A-Day Game at Bryant-Denny Stadium
traffic – road closings and access routes
* Campus Drive may be utilized between University Boulevard and Hackberry Lane for fans parking in the Ten Hoor area and the Ferguson Deck.
* Quad setup and RV parking will begin at 6 p.m. on Friday.
* Streets around the Quad (6th Avenue, Capstone Drive and Margaret Drive) will be closed like a usual game day. However, 9th Avenue will remain open during the day on Saturday.
* RV parking will be located only in the West Campus Lot (behind Publix), RV Lot # 5, RV Lot # 9, and the DCH Lot.
* The Medical Center grass parking lot will be free of charge and will have shuttles running to the stadium for a $2 charge each way.
* The Quad will host “Kickoff on the Quad”, food vendors and a Fun Factory for kids.
* Go to www.uagameday.com for further details.
CRIMSON RIDE BUS ROUTES
Uagameday.com has the Crimson Ride schedule for A Day. It will run from the east campus lots only and it is free. Tuscaloosa Transit operates from University Mall and is $10 round trip.
A-DAY TO SERVE AS FUNDRAISER FOR UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
UA Athletics and Terry Saban will help raise funds in order benefit academics for all UA students by taking donations for the University libraries at the A-Day Game. Terry Saban, UA students, faculty, staff, and student-athletes, including members of the UA men’s basketball team, will be collecting donations for the University libraries at each gate at Bryant-Denny Stadium and in the Walk of Champions area prior to the A-Day Game and inside the stadium throughout the first half. Volunteers collecting donations will be wearing green shirts with the message “Athletics & Academics Support UA Libraries” printed on them. On A-Day, donations can also be made at the Bruno, McLure, Rodgers and Gorgas Libraries. Donations will be accepted in cash and check form. Donors who wish to give via credit card can go online to participate at http://www.lib.ua.edu, and then must click on the “Make a Gift” link. For more information, contact Cheryl Altemara at 205-348-1416 or email@example.com.