As you can tell, most people are taking a few days off during this lull between spring football and March madness. I have to admit, it is nice to be able to sit back and not have anything to worry about for a few days. Heck, having Alabama out of the tournament could be a good thing considering how nervous I usually get before big games. Yep, just sit back, and blissfully enjoy the action around you while you can….
Ok, that’s a little too blissfully laid back, but you get the idea.
While you’re relaxing, why not take the time to fill out your brackets. You don’t have to be an expert at picking games, the thrill of it is taking risks and watching them actually happen. Heck, I’ve had almost zero success these past 2 years in bracket pools, but I always enjoyed it when I picked a game no one else called. This year, I really don’t have that many major upsets, but I do have a few that should spice the tourny up just a hair. They include:
- Arkansas over Indiana (9 over an 8, not a “true” upset)
- South Alabama over Butler (B’ham plays a factor in this one)
- Western Kentucky over Drake (Horn is an excellent coach)
- Clemson over Vanderbilt (Dores aren’t playing very well. Again, it’s a 5 over a 4, show it isn’t that upsetting).
- Marquette over Stanford (Big East should make some noise)
- Louisville over Tennessee (Vols got screwed with a tough bracket)
- Wisconsin over Georgetown (Hoyas are a little too high, and the Badgers are a little too low)
- Texas over Memphis (If both make it into the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, Texas will have home court advantage)