Kick-off is at 1:30 pm. There will be no TV or Pay-per-view, so I suggest you get to know Eli Gold and Kenny Stabler really well as you snuggle up close to your radio dial.
You, me, and Eli making a 2nd & 7 sound like a 1st & Goal.
Reasons for my gut to say Alabama WINS
- The defense has been playing very good these last few games when you consider the possible mismatches.
- D.J. Hall is always able to burn a bad defense.
- Speaking of their defense…. they give up over 30 points a game.
- It’s Senior Day!!!
- John Parker Wilson has something to prove (again)
- Because we’re Alabama, and they are Louisiana-Monroe (arrogance? Maybe, but it’s the truth).
Reasons for my gut to say Alabama LOSSES
We won’t lose, so I’ll start with areas where we might not look so hot:
- ULM has an impress Running back that ran all over us last season.
- Our running game is too small right now, so I doubt you’ll see them knocking people over.
- Other than D.J. Hall, our receivers have not been playing extremely well.
- JPW still might be in a funk come kick-off.
- The O-line will have Chris Capps in as a starter….. *shutters*
- Our punter is not going to place the ball anyplace close to where you need it.
Alabama will probably give up 2 TDs and a FG, but we should be able to score around 40 points. I wouldn’t be shocked if it were something like 44-17 in favor of the Tide.