Reasons for my gut to say Alabama wins
- We’re 2-0 on LF Sports this year. Maybe Saban just loves those early morning starts?
- Tennessee’s defense has been up and down this year.
- Wallace Gilberry is one of the better QB pressure guys in the SEC. Should be interesting to watch.
- Mr. Javier Arenas. If Tennessee kicks to him, we’ll get at least one easy score.
- The Ole Miss game was ok points wise, but we’ve still got something to prove out there offensively. Expect some more creativity with the RBs.
- Tennessee sounds like they’ve been working really hard for this game; perhaps too hard. They could come out tight.
- John Parker Wilson and DJ Hall can make sweet music together. If Hall gives it his all, he can be one of the best receivers in the country.
Reasons for my gut to say Alabama losses
- Tennessee has more depth that we do thanks to that lovely probation.
- UT’s passing game is all about timing routes. If we allow them to start sticking their passes as we try to pressure Ainge and fail, we could be in for a long day.
- Speaking pressuring Ainge, there’s a reason why he’s rarely been sacked this season. That O-line is stout at times.
- Foster seems to be gaining momentum as the Vols prime time runner. He pretty much won that Georgia game for them.
- Fulmer just seems to know when to strike that final blow against Alabama.
- Our defense is still pretty tired. Thank goodness for the bye next week.
- Anything can honestly happen.
So there you have it. After thinking through this over and over again, I thought that Tennessee would win. But, I started to think to myself “what respectable Alabama fan and blogger would dare pick against the Tide?” It’s called loyalty, and I don’t want to let my team down. Tennessee might win, but I gotta go with Alabama.
Upset pick of the day: Auburn over LSU, giving the AU Tigers the SEC West. Les Miles is about to lose control in Baton Rouge, which will make his journey to Ann Arbor so much easier. I believe the SEC East winner will be either South Carolina or Kentucky (gasp!). I would like to see the results from this weekend before I make that pick.
I leave you with this: RAMMER JAMMER, YELLOWHAMMER. GIVE ‘EM HELL ALABAMA!
For Joe: Since I did attempt the embarrassing admission thing (made famous by Todd on RollBamaRoll.com) and Alabama ended up winning, I figured why not try it again. Here comes a big one…. When I was a little kid (6-ish) I took gymnastics lessons. My mother noticed the other kids my age at church were doing it once a week, so she signed me up. I really just liked jumping into giant foam pits, but I did attempt to learn other stuff as well. I enjoyed being able to jump into that pool full of foam cubes so much I wanted to do it a 2nd year. Naturally, I grew out of it after the 2nd attempt.
I bet I’m looking pretty masculine now after admitting my gymnastics days and liking musicals. I do have more chest hair than most guys I know….. so at least I have that going for me.
What could’ve been, had she started a men’s program…. uhh, FOOTBALL!!