Hey, I made the New York Times.
Mr. Corso picked Alabama to win, putting on the Big Al head and singing “Sweet Home Alabama”. I know most of us will be hearing about that Corso curse or the Gameday Curse. But don’t let that get you down, I know I’m not. My pessimistic side isn’t controlling my thoughts as much as my post made it appear. Here we go…
Reasons for my gut to say Alabama wins
- Saban’s 3-4 D can change to suit the formation.
- John Parker Wilson is able to get enough protection, giving him and our receivers a chance to burn the UGA corners.
- Javier Arenas is arguably the best punt returner in the conference. Given some decent protection, he can burn you.
- Big time game, big time atmosphere, big time crowd reaction.
- Georgia has some true freshman staring on that O-line. This is their first road game. Possible advantage perhaps?
- There is no cuddling in Bryant-Denny Stadium, Mr. Stafford.
Reasons for my gut to say Alabama losses
- Georgia is man enough. No Auburn man on the Finebaum show should ever say otherwise.
- We didn’t do a great job against the run last weekend. UGA has some solid backs.
- Matt Stafford > Casey Dick
- All of this hype could be too much too soon.
- Mark Richt > Houston Nutt
- Something just isn’t sitting well with me this week
If Alabama is going to lose a game early in the season, this would be the weekend. Georgia has something to prove. But, Alabama still has so much to prove as well. I wouldn’t be surprised by any result in this game. Should be another memorable experience.