I wasn’t able to do this last weekend, but I plan on doing it as often as possible on every gameday. I’m really hoping for a win this week. My Girlfriend’s family is from Arkansas, so there are plenty of Hog fans in her family (don’t worry, she and her parents converted). I got to meet her uncle last year the night after the Alabama @ Arkansas game….. his first words were “WOO! PIG SOOIE!” when I met him. They’re great people though, so don’t think otherwise.
Reasons for my gut to say Alabama wins
- Fans are ready for the first “big” win in a long time. We should make it similar to a Florida ’05 setting.
- Our O-line is much improved. They will be able to make some room for Terry Grant to have a say in this game.
- John Parker Wilson has had a week to work out his issues. He’s got to be better….. right?
- Houston Nutt has a tendency to fall apart at times.
- Saban and Company have surely planned well enough for that Wild Hog business.
- The Arkansas QB isn’t going to knock our socks off.
- Leigh Tiffin is due.
Reasons for my gut to say Alabama losses
- Two names: McFadden and Jones.
- Houston Nutt also has the ability to wallop a team on the road. He’s just an up and down coach.
- Our front seven on Defense are on the small side compared to the rest of the SEC.
- That Wild Hog stuff you’ve heard about, it’s tough to defend.
- Nutt likes to use more than his fair share of trick plays.
- John Parker Wilson may under perform in the redzone yet again. Overthrowing and staring down the receivers.
- Every Bama coach but the Graduate Assistants comes down with food poisoning.
Gut reaction: Alabama wins