I just realized I’ve been so nervous today that I forgot to eat breakfast and lunch. I’m physically shaking, so I’ll make some more comments in a few hours once I get something to eat or drink. Roll Tide!
I’m back and I feel better. First off…. holy cow!!!!
Amazing isn’t it? I just hope we look better against FSU lol. UAB scored that TD on a 20 yard interception return.
Well, the game wasn’t pretty, but a win is a win….. right? I do have a few brief thoughts:
- Terry Grant=special. I just hope he and Coffee can continue to dominate against better opposition down the road.
- O-line did a good job making holes for Grant when needed.
- John Parker Wilson really needs to calm down and focus. He let himself get into a hurry after the faintest sign of pressure.
- The Defense did better than I thought, although Vandy’s poor offensive play certainly didn’t hurt.
- There were plays and calls for both teams that could’ve drastically changed the game either way.
- Rolando McClain is still a stud.
- Pass Defense was iffy at times.
- Good grief at that easy touchdown we gave up!
We were the favorites by 3.5 points, and won by 14. Still, it doesn’t feel like a 14 point win. I just hope we can calm down some and create a good game plan against the Hogs and their studly O-line. I hear that McFadden fella is good too, might win a trophy of some kind.
Auburn lost, although that isn’t the main reason for my post. I don’t want to be the kind of blogger who only posts about the rival, but I found this to be an odd statement after watching the Auburn Offense fall apart in the 2nd half. From the mouth of Tuberville:
“We were so beat up we played our second-team linebackers and secondary in the second half,” coach Tommy Tuberville said. “There are no excuses. Our defense fought hard. We can win the way we are playing defensively.”