Today’s been a rather hectic day with new bus schedules, classes, working, etc. So, I won’t really be giving you a very in depth post. Here are some interesting stories from the day:
- Two out of the Three arrested players from a few weeks ago entered a plea of not guilty in a Tuscaloosa court today. I wonder what this means for Deadrick, who was not included in this group of 2.
- Saban is sticking to his guns regarding his discipline policy. Honestly, I’m not unhappy with the call on this one. Simeon really got snagged for a minor incident in an area where there are probably 10 things that are much worse going on at the same time.
- I guess since everyone else is linking this story, I should too. Saban is on the cover of Sports Illustrated.
- The World’s oldest father is a man in India. He’s 90 years old and just had his 21st child. This man puts Flavor Flav to shame.
- Tuscaloosa native Deontay Wilder has been putting people to shame in boxing. I love his quote, “I had to bring some Alabama out on him!”
- The Birmingham News has more info regarding the Hoover grad situation. Yes, it does mention Josh Chapman and Kerry Murphy. But to be honest, I’m not going to start freaking out immediately like Will Collier probably will. There seems to be documentation showing that the staff at Hoover High did not want said English teacher to feel pressured at all. They actually showed support for her.