In a world where SEC bloggers can only voice their opinions in short blurbs in a poll format, one man seeks to change everything.
That man is Cock’N Fire from Garnet and Black Attack, who brings us a new SEC Power Poll Roundtable. It’s not going to happen every week, but it will give us some time to stop and review what has happened in order to determine what will happen (assuming we’re actually good at predicting things).
Please feel free to comment, and look for a round-up on G and B A.
1. Pretend for a minute that Vanderbilt wasn’t 2-0, then answer this question: What has been the most surprising thing in the SEC so far this season?
I’d have to say South Carolina’s offense. I thought this would be the year where SC would finally be able to live up to the Spurrier offense. They have an experienced QB and a handful of good receivers, but still seem to struggle. That offensive showing against Vandy and UGA leaves me scratching my head.
2. Conference action has either just begun for most teams, or will Sept. 20. (The exception is Kentucky, which I believe plays I-AA teams until mid-November.) From what you’ve seen so far, how will your team fare in your division? If it’s not going to win, which team will?
Alabama will certainly play a factor in the chase. I don’t know if we’ve got enough depth to take it, but we’ll certainly make more than just a two team race.
The SEC West picture will probably clear up a good bit in the next two weeks with Alabama vs. Arkansas and LSU vs. Auburn. If Bama wins, we’ll be in contention for most of the season. There will be one Tiger team that could be eliminated, so keep an eye on that one.
3. Which SEC player that few of us are paying attention to is poised to have a breakout season? Try to choose someone not on your team.
Casey Dick. What? Why is everybody laughing?
I still won’t make a decision on Arkansas until they play BCS level talent, but Dick will have some very impressive statistics when it is all said and done. Petrino likes his NFL passing attack, and I know he’ll use it as much as he can.
4. Both Arkansas and LSU have had games delayed because of hurricanes. If you could choose a game on your team’s current schedule to get postponed because of inclement weather, which game would you choose and why?
Alabama’s schedule would become extremely difficult if we had to postpone any of our remaining SEC games. We end the season with LSU, Miss. State, a bye week, and then Auburn. If we had to put in a Georiga, Tennessee, or even Ole Miss in that bye week, that would be tough.
I guess I would wait with Arkansas State, so that we could have an extra week to prepare for LSU. I don’t think playing Ark State later would help or hurt our chances to win that game, but it would certainly be a nice time for a rest.
5. So, the Large Haldron Collider hasn’t destroyed the Earth – so far, anyway. But had the world ended Wednesday morning, which SEC game would you have most regretted missing? Assuming, of course, you had been around to regret it. (Head…hurts…)
I know everyone will say this, but if I would like to see Florida vs Georgia (This is assuming I am not allowed to pick any Alabama games).
Take the two best Quarterbacks in the SEC, mix in a little Knowshon, and then sprinkle in some Harvin & Rainey. You let that simmer for a week in Jacksonville, Florida with pleanty of Jack Daniels, and you have yourself a very good recipe for a football game.